Grace Chicago lives into the metaphor of the church as the family of God. We love caring for one another, rejoicing when there is cause to rejoice, mourning when there is reason to mourn. And always extending the table to include more people.
Neighborhood Community Groups
The best way to plug into the community at Grace is through one of our neighborhood groups. These groups meet throughout the year to eat together, support one another, and grow. Each group is unique, but most either use podcasts to prompt discussion, discuss Sundays homily, or read a book together.
- Lincoln Park: Wednesdays at 7:45pm
- Lincoln Square: Wednesdays at 7:30pm
- Edgewater: Tuesdays at 7:00pm
- Lakeview: Tuesdays at 7:00pm
For more information or to sign up for a community group, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support and Social Groups
Grace has a number of groups that gather based on common interests. This includes groups for families, grief and loss, monthly men's and women's gatherings and more.
We exist as a church for the well-being of Chicago and for the well-being of one another. It takes everyone chipping in with their gifts to make Grace what it is.
- Breakthrough Urban Ministries | Breakthrough is a social justice organization committed to East Garfield Park. Every 3rd Thursday of the month, from 6:45-8:45 we serve dinner at their women's shelters. Weekly volunteer opportunities are also available. Contact Caleb (email@example.com) to learn more.
- Serve on Sundays! If you're looking to get plugged in to a volunteer role to help make Sunday worship services happen, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get you plugged in.
Gatherings and Events
Grace provides a number of opportunities for fellowship and community throughout the year. This includes regular potlucks, monthly gatherings for people new to Grace, men's and women's gatherings, quarterly Beer and Hymns events, and more. We encourage you to check out our upcoming events to see opportunities to engage with the Grace Chicago Church community in a low-key setting.